Welcome Back TL’s Alumni: Mrs and Mr Ayoob!

This year at Terra Linda, we’ve gained so many wonderful new teachers. Funny enough, some of them went to TL back when they were high school students. Mr. and Mrs. Ayoob both attended Terra Linda. They attended middle school, high school, and college together. Now, they’re happy to be back as teachers!

Mrs. Ayoob previously taught at San Rafael High School for 10 years, teaching economics, government, and the Associated Student Body (ASB) for two years. This year she teaches AP Government, regular government, economics, US History, SDAIE, and ASB. She’s located in room 406. 

“It’s cool to be back like it’s fun because some of my old teachers are still here, and you know you, can kind of like, walk down the hall and it’s like, “I remember when that happened there.’” Ayoob shares. Ms. Gonzalez (one of TL’s Spanish teachers) even taught Ayoob when she was a teenager. Ms. Gonzalez took her to her first-ever concert for the Spanish Honor Society. “She took like six of us. We saw Green Day, Jimmy Eat World… etc” Ayoob reminisces. 

She really loves cheers and dances because she used to coach them both. “My hobby is ASB; my life is ASB; all I do is ASB.” She expresses. In fact, she was in ASB when she was in high school. In the past couple of years, there have been four different ASB teachers and many plans made. Ayoob is taking all those ideas and making them a reality alongside the ASB students. Ayoob has started sending weekly emails about ASB events to keep all Trojans in the loop. 

Mr. Ayoob is TL’s head football coach. This is his first year as head coach, and he’s glad to be back. He loves the new campus and how nice everyone is to him. “I graduated from TL and played football in the early 2000s. I wouldn’t have chosen to start anywhere else,” shares Ayoob. His main goal for this year of football is to “create a winning culture for our program and restore pride and respect for TL football.”

Mr. and Mrs. Ayoob have three children together and enjoy spending their free time just hanging out with the family. The Trojan family is so happy to have these two great alumnus back at TL!