Game of Prequels

Game of Prequels

Game of Thrones just had its final episode, which means millions of fans are left with a hole in their heart for the eight year old show, but if you are one of them, don’t worry! There is a confirmed prequel to be expected in the near future! Though it has no official name yet, there are reports of people who are working on it calling referring to it as “Bloodmoon”; also, author George RR Martin called the pilot episode “The Long Night,” but later took back the statement. The story is set around 5000 years before Game of Thrones; HBO said it “chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour.” This means it takes place before the first Long Night and a long time before the first season of the show, when the First Men and the Children of the Forest, mythical beings that were here before the First Men, had a pact of peace. This pact stayed until the first men started cutting down ancient weirwood trees, which were sacred to the Children, effectively breaking the pact. The Children of the Forest had a hard time defending themselves against the First Men and, in turn, created the Night King to protect them and their trees. But the Night King had a mind of his own. We are not sure if this will be featured in the show or if it will take place after this happened, but we know the Night King is featured. We also know it takes place when Bran the Builder, who built the wall, was alive, as well as Lann the Clever, the founder of house Lannister. This raises the question of whether the Wall was built before the show, or if it is going to be built during or after the show. All of these are possibilities which could occur, but as of now we don’t know much, so we will have to wait until more is revealed. As of right now though, if you haven’t watched Game of Thrones I highly recommend it and if you have I recommend you try looking its very interesting lore.