The student news site of Terra Linda High School.

The Voice

The Voice

The Voice

Upcoming Summer Blockbusters

We all enjoy summer vacation. Three months of relaxation and traveling, but another great thing about the summer is all of the amazing movies that are coming out. From comedy to horror, this summer there are many different genres of movies set to be released. After interviewing some movie enthusiasts, here are the movies which people are looking forward to the most. The first interviewee stated, “I really want to see Jurassic World the Fallen Kingdom because it has more action and more of a fright factor and it is overall more exciting.” Another movie goer said “I loved the first Incredibles so much, Pixar has an excellent pedigree in making family-friendly movies that are also engaging and thoughtful and fun.” The final individual who was interviewed stated, “Mamma Mia would be the one that I would go see because I liked the first one and I’m hoping the second installment will be as brilliant as the first one. I love Mamma Mia, not just the story itself, but I fell in love with all the music of ABBA. People of all ages, especially people who grew up with their music, can relate and dance along to the soundtrack.”

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again

Release date: July 20th

Mamma Mia was a very popular movie musical which came out in 2008 based on the hit Broadway show. Now, ten years later, we are getting a sequel! In this new movie, Sophie, played by Amanda Seyfried, finds out she is pregnant and seeks the help of her mother’s friends, Tanya and Rosie, to guide her through it. Tanya, played by Christine Baranski, and Rosie, played by Julie Walters, tell Sophie about her mother’s past and how to handle her pregnancy. This summer we will find out how she continues her story in this second installment to the musical production that is Mamma Mia. We will also get some insight into Sophie’s mother’s youth with flashbacks starring Lily James as the young Meryl Streep.

The Incredibles 2  

Release date: June 15th     

This is the sequel to the beloved Incredibles which graced our screens in 2004 and remains a family favorite. Now fifteen years later, we are being blessed with another movie from the adored franchise, Pixar. In this highly anticipated movie, Elastigirl is off saving the world whilst Mr Incredible is left at home looking after Violet, Dash, and Jack-Jack, who recently discovered his powers, which is just one of the many problems that Bob, Mr. Incredible, has to deal with.

Ocean’s 8

Release Date: June 8th

Ocean’s 8 is an all female version of the famous Ocean’s 11. In this highly anticipated thriller, a criminal mastermind, Debbie, enlists the help of seven other women to steal a necklace worth millions. This star studded cast includes Sandra Bullock, Rihanna, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Sarah Paulson, Mindy Kaling, and Awkwafina.  

Jurassic World: The Fallen Kingdom

Release Date: June 18th

Jurassic World the Fallen Kingdom is part of the famous Jurassic Park franchise. Starring Chris Pratt, this movie continues the series about a theme park with vengious dinosaurs. This movie picks up four years after the closing of the dino themed park in the last film. They thought the dinosaurs had been contained safely, but they were mistaken. These dinosaurs are out for revenge.  

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Release Date: July 6th

Scott Lang and the gang are back with a bang in this summers highly anticipated blockbuster. The movie explores Hank Pym’s quest to find his lost wife in the quantum realm. Keen movie goers will be fascinated to learn about how this movie fits into the Infinity War arc. Internet fanboys speculate the quantum realm developed in Ant-Man and the Wasp will be crucial in Avengers 4, which comes out 2019.

View Comments (2)