The student news site of Terra Linda High School

The Voice of Troy

Outside Lands Music Festival

Josh Withers

Josh Withers

Dominic Martinez, Contributor

August 11th-13th, the 2017 Outside Lands Music Festival will be taking place in San Francisco at Golden Gate Park. Outside Lands (OSL) is one of the most well-known music festivals in all of America.

People go to OSL because of the great music and the perfect weather offered. It’s never too hot, and never too cold. In years past, OSL has been a festival where up-and-coming big names seek to make their name even bigger. Artists such as J-Cole, Zedd, Chance the Rapper, and Kendrick Lamar have all performed in years past at the inception of their careers.

But this year’s lineup created a lot of controversy. Many people complained about the artists not being big enough names, or not being good enough, which led to a lot of people selling their tickets. With this being the said, a three-day pass runs you a nice four hundred and fifty dollars.

Artists such as The Gorillaz, ScHoolboy Q, Lorde, and Metallica are going to be performing. To anyone who knows music and festivals, these artists not only come to give you a great experience, but they come to give you your money’s worth.

The anticipation around this festival since the lineup has been released has not gone away. Today, there is still the constant downplay of the lineup, but the festival is not only centered around the music. Like Coachella, the greatest thing about it is the atmosphere. At Outside Lands you will find trademarked food from the Bay Area, fashion that’s off the charts and overall just positive vibes.

Outside lands makes you feel unified in a community. I would absolutely recommend going to Outside Lands of great food, great people and an even better atmosphere is something you like.